In the blink of an eye, it’s almost December. With the holidays around the corner, I’m building the ultimate gift guide for the travel-loving friend or family member in your life. I had a blast putting together this gift guide and hunting for fun items on the internet. Hope you enjoy theses.
Maps: Any serial traveler needs a map to document his/her travels. Get a functional but also decorative map, try these:
- South American from Mr and Mrs. Globetrotter
- Crisp images by Sivan Askayo from her jaunts around Europe.
- If you should fancy, take a look at my own print shop that features beautiful North America
Books: Whether it’s books that inspire me to visit a place, or background research to understand a destination before I visit, I’m addicted to travel reads. Not only do they make great travel inspiration, they also make the perfect companion for long flights and train-rides. My must-read travel books are:
- Letters from Hawaii by Mark Twain
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Pompeii by Robert Harris
- The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux
- Escape Monthly: themed-goods from destinations around the world
- Try the World: discovering the world through food one gourmet box from a new country at a time
- Japan Crate: Japanese snacks, the best kind of subscription box!